Hola! 

My name is Bailey Vaughn and I am from Dallas, Texas. It has been roughly 3 years since my last Spanish class. I took two semesters of Spanish my sophomore year of High School.

I chose to take Spanish at UVA because of its relevance. Spanish will be most beneficial in my future endeavors because it will help me to better communicate in the workplace, and it will help me reach success in my field of study: marketing. If I am able to reach a broad audience, I will be able to widen my clientel. 

I will create a positive learning environment by always making sure I come to class prepared considering the acceleration of this course. Because Spanish does not come easy to everyone, I will be understanding and accepting of my classmates. I will also work hard to motivate my classmates and reiterate the importance of a thurough understanding of Spanish. 

By the end of Spanish 1060, I hope to be able to communicate in small-talk conversations among fluent Spanish speakers at my workplace. This will be helpful in making sure work is done correctly, and furthermore tearing down the language barrier will allow me to help Spanish-speaking coworkers to communicate among non-Spanish speakers.

Although I am not the quickest to pick up a new language, my history in Spanish will help me to have a leg-up. Speaking is always going to be more difficult for me than writing because it is awkward to pause between words, but I can take my time to think out sentences in writing. I hope to strenghten my speaking abilities to really hammer a train of thought that is Spanish oriented. In my ideal situation, I have no difficulty having a simple conversation in the end of this course. Like all classes, I hope to finish this semester with an A as a reward for my hard work and my dedication to projects and homework. To support my further learning, I will try to have Spanish conversations with my peers at least once a day as to brush up on my learning and be prepared for the upcoming semester.